Meet our Volunteer Centre Team
Leah Kinsella, Manager
Leah Kinsella is the Manager of the County Wicklow Volunteer Centre, she joined in August 2004. Leah is involved with her local Tidy Towns group, helps out in a local youth club and is involved in a number of committees.
Leah has a BA in English and History and a MSc in Sustainable Development. She has completed a diploma in Quality Management and is a qualified librarian. Leah has worked in the public and private sectors and loves her current job in the Community and Voluntary sector.
Yvonne Ryan, Placement Officer
Yvonne joined the CWVC team as Placement Officer in 2005 having previously worked with Canon Ireland as Personnel Manager where she gained vast experience of HR issues, conducting interviews, and best practice in personnel administration. Yvonne has brought this experience to bear on her role within CWVC and has helped to grow the centre into a high quality volunteering service.
As well as being trained to deliver the Volunteer Ireland Volunteer Management Training course, Yvonne has also trained in equality, health and safety, child protection and quality auditing.
Yvonne is an active participant in a number of local groups and has a special interest in Heart Children Ireland.
Fiona Downes, Centre Manager Wicklow Town and Arklow
Fiona joined the team in 2006 as manager of our centres in Wicklow town and Arklow. Fiona's background is in community development and she has worked in Ireland, Haiti and the Sudan. In Ireland, Fiona worked with Tallaght Youth Services, Irish Wildlife Trust and the County Wicklow VEC Adult Guidance Service. Fiona supports both organisations and individuals in her local areas and conducts outreaches across the county.
Along with Yvonne, Fiona delivers a comprehensive Volunteer Management Training Course developed by Volunteer Ireland. Fiona is a community activist and volunteers with Wicklow Town First Responders weekly.
County Wicklow Volunteer Centre Board of Directors
• E. Murphy Chair, Board member of Easi-Access Travel Club.
• Paul McCleary, Company Secretary, Accountant, volunteer CIC.
• Michael Noble, Development Officer, South Dublin and Wicklow, Mental Health Ireland.
• Jennifer D’Arcy, Education Coordinator, Bray Area Partnership.
• Frances Creegan, County Wicklow Partnership.
• Brian Schweppe, member Wicklow Older Peoples Network.
• Linda Redmond, Volunteer, ex Cairdeas Clubhouse Bray.
• Jim O’Brien, Manager Bray Travellers Community Development Group.
• Gertie Salley, Wicklow Public Participation Network.
Volunteer Centre Volunteers
We involve volunteers in a range of roles from supporting our day-to-day operations to helping out with special events.